Ben opened the Bondi Psychology Clinic in 2013. He is devoted to providing an approachable and flexible therapy experience by tailoring treatments to meet peoples' personal goals and needs. Ben specialises in providing behavioural and mindfulness-based therapies for adults, young adults, adolescents and families. Along with his masters degree in clinical psychology, Ben has completed training in a number of evidence-based therapies including CBT, DBT, ACT, and IPT (see Treatment Approaches).
Ben is a certified yoga teacher and has published research on understanding the causes of long-lasting happiness. He draws on his knowledge of psychology, mindfulness and yoga philosophy to help people to understand their strengths, improve self-awareness and increase their sense of happiness and fulfillment.
Ben has designed and implemented a range of group mental health programs, and provides Clinical Supervision to other psychologists.
Ben worked for four years at the Prince of Wales Hospital Adolescent Service providing outpatient psychological interventions for adolescents and their families. Alongside this individual therapy work, Ben took a special interest in groups reviewing and rewriting the Adolescent Service's Dialectical Behaviour Therapy group program, developing a mindfulness group, and designing an adolescent parenting program.
During five years working at Headspace Camperdown, Ben provided treatments for adolescents and young adults experiencing a range of mental health, social and drug & alcohol related difficulties. Ben designed the Headspace Well-Being group program, running the group for two years before training Headspace staff to continue the program when he departed to expand the Bondi Psychology Clinic.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Endorsed Clinical Psychologist - Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Endorsed Clinical Psychology Supervisor - Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Masters of Clinical Psychology - Macquarie University (2010)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) – UNSW (2005)
- Yoga Teacher Certification – The Yoga Institute (Sydney)
- Yoga Philosophy and Yoga Therapy training - Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (Chennai, India)
- Additional training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy
Ben has a keen interest in clarifying and adding depth to our understanding of happiness. He has published two research papers on the topic of elucidating happiness.
- Caunt, B. S. (2013). Recipes for Long-Lasting Happiness. Mental Notes Magazine, Fall Edition, 8-10.
- Caunt, B. S., Franklin, J., Brodaty, N. E., & Brodaty, H. (2013). Exploring the Causes of Subjective Well-Being: A content Analysis of Peoples’ Recipes for Long-term Happiness. Journal of Happiness Studies, 14(2), 475-499.
Ben enjoys surfing, body surfing, swimming, travel, meditating and spending time with family and friends. He seeks to stay connected to what is important to him by deepening his relationships, cultivating self-awareness, and living his life with a sense of purpose and fun. This commitment to building personal well-being reflects the values Ben brings to his psychology practice.
To enquire or make a booking call 0457 610 093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org